1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geddy3

Geddy3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I got 2nd Pfizer dose this past Thursday evening. She had no side effects but sore arm but not as sore as first shot. I had chills and slight fever overnight and felt overall crummy most of Friday but feel about back to normal today. Arm was sore too but not as sore as first dose.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jamstrick

Jamstrick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moderna first shot, no problem. Just a sore arm. Got the second shot 10:30 Thursday morning. By that night my arm was on fire from the elbow to the underarm. Yesterday chills and exhaustion. No more chills but the arm is still hurting. I have never been so happy to feel so crappy! Cherokee booked for May 3-8. Can’t wait!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. Bookit

Bookit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the J&J yesterday. Slightly sore arm. Maybe a little tired today but that could just be first 90 degree day of the year here in Vegas

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my first Pfizer today at 2:30. It could not have been easier.

I had no waiting and moved through from paperwork to the shot and then waited 15 minutes and came home. Couch to couch was less than an hour.

I was pretty giddy sitting for my 15 minutes. I wasn't sure why we weren't all socially distanced line dancing or something to celebrate.

My injection site is a little tender but I'm feeling fine. But it has also only been an hour. ;)

Next step is to get Dan an appointment for after the 15th, when he is eligible. Then I have an appointment to go get my 2nd dose on 4/24.

Such a relief to be making progress on this.

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my second dose of Pfizer on Thursday. It definitely affected me. Fatigue, headache, nausea and body aches. Started about 3 hours after the injection and lasted about 36 hours. Not a huge deal - didn’t keep me from going to work yesterday (they were textbook side effects and I checked with our EHSA guy prior to entering the plant). But it did slow me down a bit. Obviously, a very small price to pay, though.

Booked my return-to-Vegas trip the evening after I received dose one. C’mon July! :beer:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who care, I'm feeling much better today. My left arm is still sore, but more stiff than actually painful.

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 1
  7. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also got my first dose of Pfizer on Saturday! I was excited and also relieved. My hospital set up a special clinic in a building a few minutes away from their main campus, and everything went smoothly. So far only reaction is the sore arm, which doesn’t feel any worse than the soreness I get after a flu shot.

got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues...
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  8. HHFan

HHFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got Pfizer #2 yesterday morning. Started to feel a little worse for wear by the evening, but not too noticeable. Woke up this morning essentially feeling like I had a cold, but as the day has gone on I’ve felt more tired and achy. Thankfully no fever, headache, or nausea so if this is the worst of it then I’ve probably got off pretty easy. If I’m still feeling off before work tomorrow I’ll probably give in and take some pain reliever.

• Like Like x 6
  9. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pfizer - Second dose completed on April Fool's Day.
    Arm soreness was minimal on 1st dose and I felt no arm pain at all for 2nd shot.

HUBS and kid both got scheduling alerts - They can schedule through app now.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am usually the one who gets ALL the side effects from any medication or vaccine. My shingles vaccines were an experience I am not in any hurry to repeat. I was a little apprehensive about the COVID vaccine reaction.

About 2-3 hours after my shot, my head felt a little swimmy. Kind of like I was floating on water. I wasn't sure what that was about, but it wasn't any different than I usually feel after a few dozen cocktails in Vegas though, so I powered on. :haha:

About 4-5 hours I had a slight headache and felt achy. The areas I worked at PT on Friday got really sore, despite not being sore on Saturday. Weird.

I told Dan that if I hadn't gotten the vaccine and felt like that, I wouldn't be too alarmed, but I would wonder if I was coming down with something, so I would drink more water and try to go to bed early to fend off whatever was trying to get me. Yesterday I work up with a sore arm, but otherwise, I felt pretty great.

Next on the Covid schedule for our household: Next Tuesday the 13th, get Dan an appointment for the weekend of the 17th/18th. Then I go back for my 2nd on the 24th and Dan back for his 2nd on May 8th. Then, look out world. :woot:

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 3
  11. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More good news from the CDC. Confirms what they've suspected for a long time. Very unlikely to get covid from surfaces:

“It is possible for people to be infected through contact with contaminated surfaces or objects (fomites), but the risk is generally considered to be low,” the new CDC guidance says, estimating that the chance of contracting the coronavirus through surface transmission is lower than 1 in 10,000.

End the hygiene theater, CDC says (yahoo.com)

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. MCOtoLAS

MCOtoLAS Vegas Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just made my appointment for my first dose on the 19th out here in Florida! I'm so happy! I'm leaving for Vegas June 14th so should be fully good to go by then. I've been so excited all day!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  13. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maui just opened up the shots for anyone 16 yr old and over effective today.

• Like Like x 3
  14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who follow such things, our county health department (Sarpy-Cass counties, Nebraska) has opened things up this week to everyone 16 years of age and up.

• Like Like x 3
  15. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The entire state of Wisconsin is also open to 16+.

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is in wide supply here, too.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 2
  16. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I got the Johnson and Johnson a whopping two hours ago. No complaints yet.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per Biden in a press conference today, he's asking all states to open up to 16+ on April 19th.

Do we still have any people here, especially high risk and over 65, that want to get a vaccine, but are having trouble finding an appointment? I wonder if there isn't a way we can "crowdsource" a solution for you. Please post if you need help, or feel free to send me a PM if you want to be more private about it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked my first dose for Monday.
    So yay I get vaccinated but yay?? I have an underlying condition which makes me eligible before others.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my friends worked the vaccination clinic Friday. We have been open to everyone for a week or so. She said most of the people were young less than 30 and most were from Austin and said they couldn’t get in for a shot there. Makes me happy they took the initiative to go out of their way. So if anyone in Texas- technically I don’t think you have to be from Texas— just be commited to both vaccines. our site is easy - Central Texas- wine country - make a vaccination vacation day. Ours is Moderna. You don’t get a choice of time or day - but no jockeying for position.

I still have not been able to volunteer because life keeps getting in the way. Hopefully next week.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you would have came to fort smith I would have given you one month’s ago :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.