1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the chills yesterday were brutal until about 7/8 pm. much much better this morning.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spoke too soon last night! :( I did something today I haven't done in a LONG time, I phoned in sick. :(

My arm is very Very VERY SORE, and overall I feel like the proverbial "ten pounds of $#!+ in a five pound bag!" :( Yes, I know, "That means it's working."

No temperature, no chills, just dead tired and lethargic! Oh, did I mention that my arm is VERY sore?

Oh well ...

• Like Like x 6
  3. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both husband and I got the 1st Moderna on Wednesday. I was achy that night but I have slight inflammation/arthritis issues and it might not have had anything to do with the shot. My husband came home from work the following day and crashed on the couch. He had chills/aches and exhausted. I was fine the following day. My arm isn't all that sore either. I am wondering if it hit my husband was hit harder because he already had confirmed covid in November.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm preparing for the worst for my 2nd Moderna. I am hoping for the best, but since I'm here alone, getting it on a Monday and everyone I know is working far from me, I will create a cocoon for myself in my bedroom. Give the cats extra food, put the Advil, water and food near bed, make sure I have extra blankets,the remote isn't low on batteries and prepare to be shaking. I'm fine with needles, just not medicine. I guess since I didn't have a reaction to the first, no reason to worry about the 2nd. In preparation I'm having an acupuncture session right before my shot. He promised to help me relax and most of all, I'll have treatment for the arthritis in my knees. I hoping that may cut down on the aches and stiffness I get if I spend too much time in bed.

I really appreciate all the input here, it really helped me decide it was worth getting the series.

• Like Like x 3
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The second one is the killer! I'm feeling much better now that I'm up and moving around and got something to eat and had my fizzy caffeine fix. My arm is still VERY sore, but I am so far resisting taking any Advil/Tylenol/whatever as I do not want to interfere with what feels to be a very good (???) immune reaction!

• Like Like x 3
  6. mykidsdad

mykidsdad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had 2nd moderna last Sunday. Arm at injection site was sore for a couple of days and that was it for side effects. Wife will get 2nd next week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve read conflicting info on that. Some say try to tough it out but the cdc website notes:

Talk to your doctor about taking over-the-counter medicine, such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, or antihistamines, for any pain and discomfort you may experience after getting vaccinated. You can take these medications to relieve post-vaccination side effects if you have no other medical reasons that prevent you from taking these medications normally.

It is not recommended you take these medicines before vaccination for the purpose of trying to prevent side effects.

I hate taking anything including Advil but if I’m not able to sleep through it, I’ll probably take something. Tylenol never works for me.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not going to bother the doc unless it gets much worse. It's very sore, but no swelling or edema and no elevated temperature, so I'm gonna just take it easy. I am also gonna avoid alcohol for the next several days just in case, as if I have so many opportunities to go out to party anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t think they mean to call the doc to get approval, just that some people have other factors that may prevent them from taking any of these meds. I can’t take antihistamines, I know that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm scheduled to get first dose Monday afternoon at a CVS pharmacy in downstate Illinois. Appointments are wide open there. Then I plan to drive another hour to Missouri to visit my mom (who is already fully vaccinated) for a few days.

Step 1 for me to get back on a plane to Vegas!

• Like Like x 9
  11. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    congrats! :clap: Me too! Finally was able to get an appointment thru my hospital provider, which lowered their age group; my county and town are still fussing around with groups I don’t qualify for.

got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues...
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  12. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pfizer you should be :woohoo: :headbang:Moderna :rolleyes: JJ ??

13. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8 hours in on dose two of the Pfizer. So far so good, had a little headache that felt like I did not have my morning coffee. But that is it so far.

• Like Like x 5
  14. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. 7th hour. Minor headache and sore arm.

Vegas 2024 Part 1
    • Like Like x 4
  15. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I scored both appoints at Walgreens. Apointments gets released between 6am-8am and sometimes 4pm-5pm

Vegas 2024 Part 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, update here for the insomniacs who might care. :)

I crashed early last night, totally zonked, out of it. I woke up just a while ago, and feeling fine, too fine, actually, very wide awake, very alert, almost buzzed, like being high on crank or something, not that I would ever know what being high on crank is like. :) My left arm is still quite sore, but otherwise feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and ready to solve all of the world's problems!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  17. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m wide awake here in Canada wishing I had vaccine symptoms.....just to remind you all in the US how very lucky you are :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! And this should really go in the Grateful thread.

I'm very impressed at how our county health department (after a frustratingly ham-fisted start) got their act together and rolled out a convenient program with multiple convenient providers (one near you, really) and convenient easy-tp-sign-up-for appointments, often within a week!

I'm also impressed at how the provider I used (Kohll's Pharmacy, no connection to the better-known Kohl's shops) got people in, got people poked, got people out, with convenient parking, NO lines, no red tape and very little formality and, of course, no out of pocket charge! Oh, did I mention that there were no lines?

Kudos should also go out to the literally thousands of researchers, technicians, microbiologists, physicians, etc. who developed the vaccines in record time, and not to forget the people on the logistics end who got the vaccines from the manufacturers to the clinics, again, with very few delays or foul-ups!

I do hope that issues resolve themselves in Canada and in other countries where vaccines have been less available, and, even in some areas of the US and some fairly local communities. I heard a first-person horror story of a 45 minute line (45 minutes, just to get inside, with enforced distancing) last week in 30-some degree weather in our metro area at a highly-regarded university clinic. We hear news reports of some rural communities which have real issues getting the shots to those who need them. Hopefully things will equalize very soon, worldwide, nationwide, and locally.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  19. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got first dose yesterday (turned out to be Pfizer). I don't expect any reaction w/this being the first dose. Just the usual sore arm (relatively minor - less soreness than a tetanus shot and more soreness than a flu shot) and a wave of sleepiness. I'll see how dose #2 goes in 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got Pfizer and I blocked off a whole weekend right after my second dose was scheduled. Turns out it was nothing. My arm was more sore the first dose.

Some say that the side effects from Moderna are worse than Pfizer, but I am thrilled that I skated past the 2nd dose side effects.

I am still a little PTSDed from my first Shingrex shot.

Bowling USBC Nationals
    And a night before a Qua Spa day.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.