1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could have got a vaccine this way because my gf is now working part time at hospitals giving vaccines and on her first day they had no-shows. We failed to consider that possibility before I booked in downstate IL. Oh well, it's been nice to visit Mom...

As for symptoms of dose 1, just a decent amount of injection site soreness around the 18 to 48 hour mark. Not bad enough to take pain killer though.

• Like Like x 6
  2. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1st Pfizer dose went in my arm at around 4:00 PM yesterday.
    Injection site was mildly sore when I woke up this morning around 6:00 AM but subsided within a couple of hours.
    From everything I have heard about and read, the second dose is the kicker so I've already requested the day after my scheduled second dose off of work just in case.
    Also, I have a fear of needles and I'm not sure that it could have been more painless. If not for COVID I might have kissed that lovely lady that administered my shot.
    If all works out we are hoping for a trip to the promised land in June!!!!

50th Birthday Trip to Solvang & San Luis Opisbo
    Heading Back To Laughlin For More Pizza!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have fallen asleep during the news last night and didn't hear it, but today they are saying (the ubiquitous "they") that in our area they are now having regular "walk-in", as in no appointment needed, shot clinics!

"They" are also saying that Oklahoma (~6 hour drive from here) is now vaccinating out of state people with few questions asked, just in case you can't find one of those walk-in clinics around here! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    State of RI opened up vaccines for 40+ at 9am this morning. I jumped the gun a bit, and at 8:57 was able to register for my Moderna shots at CVS (first one Friday, next one 4 Fridays from then). CVS site was odd, they only showed availability at a town about 45 minutes away (which, realistically, is as far away as you can be in RI). I clicked anyway figuring in worst case I'll have a drive, but once I entered my zip it showed availability the next town over.

Either way: Friday, Friday, gonna get jabbed on Friday (I'd say with all due respect to Rebecca Black, but don't think there is any respect due there :)

Vegas Baby!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Wednesday we are opening up to everyone over 16. Tomorrow our city should be opening appointments for this weekend and my goal for tomorrow is to get Dan an appointment. *fingers crossed*

• Like Like x 5
  6. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! That's supposed to be Monday for us, when I'll be stalking the sites to get a shot for my daughter. Once she's done, that's the whole family.

Vegas Baby!
    • Like Like x 4
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So two-plus weeks post-second shot. Starting to feel like the light is getting bigger and brighter. Still masking, of course. Still not hanging out in packed bars. But I will be having Hitching Post steak in a week!!!!

• Like Like x 9
  8. mark wagner

mark wagner MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a reminder to everyone that the vaccine does not make one invincible. You should continue to wear a mask even when outdoors.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm outdoors a lot, and I mask depending on circumstances. As a courtesy when on, say, a crowded trail in Yosemite, I'll pull it up. If we're on a bike ride with others, in something approaching a pace line, I'll wear one. Just Terri and me, or a scattered group, I don't (always have it under my jersey, however). I don't wear one on the course but would if in a cart with someone outside my pod, but I walk. I'm just back from a four-mile walk and didn't wear one (but I had one in my pocket).

Yep, not invincible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, my brother had his shot on Thursday. On Friday he had a fever and on Saturday he started developing a rash on his body! Today is Monday and he still has the rash.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work for the NHS here in the UK so I have had both shots so hopefully this is a step to make it easier for travel when the UK eventually let's us out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did he get the Moderna vaccine? I just posted a study about that rash in my sticky today.

Tell him he is among the 1% with Moderna Arm. And his T cells are apparently kicking butt. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of folks here in Chicago are making appointments out of state or in the far boonies to get their Covid vaccine, since it's nearly impossible to get an appointment locally. Now that Illinois is open to all age groups, it's just going to get worse if they don't ramp up the available doses. I'm thinking of trying the FEMA run site in Indiana where a friend was able to get an appointment last week. They told him that almost 40% of the people making appointments are from the Chicago area. That particular site is about 40 mi from my location so we'll see. :rolleyes:

14. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. mark wagner

mark wagner MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Listen to Dr. Faucci and mask up!!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    24 hrs since I got first dose of Pfizer
    Including drive time and 15 min after shot wait, don't think it took more than 1/2 hr.
    This morning I am tired and have a mild headache.
    10 hrs post shot arm was sore, just mildly right now.

12 hrs post shot, considering Pfizer's other well known medication I think I know at least one ingredient in the vaccine.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got Pfizer #2...HULK SMASH!!

Why not???
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  18. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was (and still am) a big believer in the seriousness of COVID-19, and a proponent of distancing, masking, vaccination, etc.

However, I struggle with holding off on a vaccine with 6 cases of blood clots on 6,800,000 doses. That's less than 1 part-per-million. The exception being if there is a common thread among those afflicted, or if there are a significant amount of possible or unreported issues.

I get the Emergency Approval merits close scrutiny, but this might just be a little TOO close.

Bowling USBC Nationals
    And a night before a Qua Spa day.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing the Talking Heads never seem to mention is that the risk of getting Covid and having a poor outcome, such as serious lasting morbidity or death, is far more than the risk of such poor outcome from taking one of the vaccines.

Somebody check my math here. The adult population of the US is about 250 million and roughly 525000 have died from covid. That's about .2 percent of the adult population. Multiply that out to compare to your less than one per million.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Astra Zeneca it said a person was 50 times more likely to die from COVID than develop a blood clot.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.