1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCOtoLAS

MCOtoLAS Vegas Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I'm actually eligible time-wise as of today to get my covid booster. I work in a restaurant so as I'm interpreting the CDC guidelines it seems that I would qualify under occupational high risk. Gonna go ahead a book an appointment for next week!

2. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my booster (Moderna) and flu shot a week ago; I was definitely sore and sleepy for a day (maybe/probably more from the flu shot, which always seems to hit me, although this year wasn’t too bad in comparison and that’s with an extra vaccine added in) but was good to go (at least by my standards :whistle:) after that :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booster appointment this week! I should be Really Most Sincerely Immune by the holidays.

• Like Like x 3
  4. STS05

STS05 Onward

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our governor (CO) just made it an executive order that anyone who wants a booster shot can have one. I already called and was told I can schedule it or just do a walk up. December 1st will be my six month date. Just in time for some holiday dice throwing, slot pulling, video poker cursing fun!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bit disappointed that even a week after my booster, I still can't turn the lights off via thought :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Allee

Allee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boosted today about 4 hours ago. All 3 Moderna. So far only a sore arm. Had pretty awful side effects from my second dose but only lasted 6 hours. Fingers crossed!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I qualify due to age. :( (Although I do not act it and am in denial!) :)

Technically I also qualify due to an "underlying condition", an occasional idiopathic bigeminy, which was examined by a cardiologist and an electrophysiologist some time ago, and both said it was benign, but to watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from getting my booster shot. Today was exactly 6 months, and was able to get triple Moderna'd 2 weeks ahead of my return to Vegas. So timing sees to be working out well!

Vegas Baby!
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where to post this.
    We received our Moderna booster today. My wife and I, no side effects, not even a sore arm. We did have sore arms after #1 & #2, but nothing this time.
    I'm still doing physical therapy for my knee replacement, but hoping we make our Christmas trip. 2 trips in 25 months is just not right when you're used to going 6-8 times per year. I sure am building a bankroll, though!

• Like Like x 9
  10. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you all didn't have any problems... I felt a little hungover the next day, but nothing like the 2nd dose. Just enough to let me know it was there. I would say that anyone putting off the booster because of how they felt after the 2nd dose need not worry. You have definitely felt worse in the morning while in Vegas and still had productive days lol.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting.

I got shots #1 and #2, both Moderna, back in March and April. I scheduled my booster shot appointment earlier today, for later on this month, and was worried about possible side effects. I saw this and it is making me feel better.

12. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my 3rd Moderna shot yesterday, and felt fine all day. Now I have a sore arm, and feel tired and a little achy. but nothing that bad.

Vegas Baby!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on statistics, I would say around 70% have gotten the vax, and would expect a similar percentage of members here.

437,352,000 doses have been give in the U.S. - so, you are in good company

• Like Like x 1
  14. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spouse gets third Moderna on Friday.:peace:

I got my third Pfizer couple days ago, and doin just fine.
    Arm alittle sore.......typical.....but nothing else.;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. wwcd

wwcd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my M booster this morning also. I was going to hold off another month, but the trends are a little troublesome so thought I better just do it now.

16. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had my Moderna #1 and #2 with no side affects in March and April. Had the booster last week and again not even a sore arm. Had the flu shot 3 weeks ago, so I am set for winter in New England.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moderna booster is, AFAIK, just a half dose of the original two shots. I decided to wait until I got back from NYC before I got my booster.

The local CVSes didn't have any appointment availability so I scheduled an appointment with my HMO. Got one for next Monday morning.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got boosted (Moderna) on October 28. Sore arm, sluggishness the next day. :thumbsup:

19. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need my Moderna Booster but I dread getting a repeat of the 24 hour ass-kicking that the second shot had given me.

Cousin's Bachelor Party!
  20. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same from my first AZ, but nothing but a sore arm from my Pfizer booster. I was gonna leave my booster until I got home, as it was a pain finding an appt here.

Then thought again and hunted one out, as I'd sooner take a jab ass kicking, over the 6 month one my postman mate had from the bug.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.