1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I would have known, I would have!

2. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also happy to help (here or in PM) - mainly people in WA, but I have a little experience finding appts in IL too. In most places, it'll be your last week to get an appointment before the hoards descend.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maryland is now open for 16+, as well.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are in Ontario Canada. Husband and I are booked for shot 1 Astra Zeneca vaccine this Friday. If anyone in Ontario is on the wait list at Shoppers for the vaccine, you may want to call as the website for booking has had problems.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful.. Please do let us know if anyone is having trouble finding a vaccine appointment.

The more quickly all of us get vaccinated, the more quickly we can all meet up for fancy drinks at Chandelier. :drunk:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @breanna61 Husband and I both got our Astrazeneca shot this morning at Rexall. Had to wait there 15 minutes afterwards. No problems so far. They gave us the printout with possible symptoms, and the sticker on it showing our astrazeneca u.s. dose, today's date, expiry date of vaccine, and the pharmacist who injected us. We can book our 2nd shot after July 23rd, so not quite the 4 months between shots that they mandate here in Canada. Good luck with your shots, one step closer to getting out of Canada and back to Vegas!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The LA Times is reporting that Cal State-Bakersfield's vax site has gobs of vaccinations going unused and Angelenos are heading there en masse, with no restrictions. Something to consider -- and re-verify in person -- if anyone down south is feeling shut out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And on the flip side, the Wall Street Journal has an article today on wasted vaccines / local supply backups.

People book more than one appointment, get the shot, then don't cancel their other redundant appointments.

9. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anybody in the San Diego area, some locations have extra vaccines that need to go in arms today but the appointment booking site is down:

upload_2021-4-7_13-59-34.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We received ours because of no-shows. Fine with us!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Allee

Allee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same for my husband and mom. I worked a vaccine clinic for phase 1A in Ohio (people with mental illness who live in congregate care) as I work with this population for a living. They asked us to call in folks for the unused vaccines (no shows) and I was able to get them in. Super grateful at the time because it was before their groups were eligible (even though my mom has many high risk conditions). Out of the 300 people scheduled there were probably about 30 no shows (which is pretty good for such a transient population).

• Like Like x 5
  12. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked an appt for my husband and I for this weekend! :headbang:
    Apparently they had a whole bunch here in Monterey that needed to get used up so they are holding a vaccination clinic this weekend. They lowered the criteria to get all the appointments booked.
    I fall into the current Cali criteria due to being overweight but I kinda felt like that was jumping the line. I didn't want someone with a legit health condition to go without just because I can't put down the fork. :haha::feedme:
    But since they were needing more arms for the shots, I will happily take my turn!

50th Birthday Trip to Solvang & San Luis Opisbo
    Heading Back To Laughlin For More Pizza!
    • Like Like x 9
  13. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW, if going outside your health-care system to get poked, be sure to tell your primary care physician you've done so so he/she can make note in your file and free up that spot for others w/i your network.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. petevegas

petevegas Stick with me baby, I'm the fella you came in with

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had minimal arm soreness after 1st Pfizer: no other side effects . All my friends had complained about the arm soreness. I joked with them that I am the tough guy. Hope i didn't jinx myself for the 2nd on 4/16..... Vegas 6/9 !!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3A4B9CF5-5547-47B3-9330-7B998F88C664.jpeg Dose #2 for both of us today. Moderna 'Dolly-shot'.

I guess my husband actually had flu-like symptoms with first which he just didn't mention to me. Was very very tired. He is asleep in the recliner (7 hrs post shot). I have a feeling he will be zonked again tomorrow.

I think I mentioned I had a fever around 100 the 1st time, pain in arm (every time I rolled over on arm I woke up). The other item that I thought was just coincidence, is occurring again tonight. Blood sugar is running WAY high. Running slightly over 300 right now. Would hate to think where I'd be running if I had already taken another 10 units. I kind of ignored that with the first one, but obviously that's a side effect for me. No fever so far. I'm also wide awake - COMPLETELY AWAKE. And it's bedtime......

WISCONSIN: Currently HCN Tribal locations are back to only Tribal members & employees for new 1st doses (and all 2nd shot people are eligible). If you are in Wisconsin I would keep your eyes on the Ho-Chunk Nation Department of Health FB page though as things change & they may reopen to public. They definitely run a smooth organized show at our local. We were told line was several hundred long over lunch time. We went around 2-2:30 & walked right in.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  16. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still not eligible for me in Massachusetts until the 19th. Then it'll probably be a few weeks until i can find an appt. Such a bummer, but glad so many in other places are getting the poke!

• Like Like x 3
  17. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vaccine 1 is in my arm. Never been so happy to get a needle.

• Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, got my 2nd Pfizer shot on Wednesday. No problems except for a sore arm the day after. Hope that is the worst for me, lol.

Already made my reservations to go to vegas in 3 and a half weeks. Because of rules and variants I will still be masking up, better to not tempt fate. I know others don't feel the same and that is their prerogative but I won't take any chances.

These clowns in Hawaii. They are opening up vaccines to people but not allowing enough time for that age group to get it. Because of the madate they are opening up the vaccine to everyone over 16 (18?) on the 19th but they are only opening up the vaccine to people over 50 on Monday, people over 60 a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to see people waiting outside longs with the hope that they get the leftover shots since they couldn't make an appointment.

I cheated to get my vaccine but I have no guilt about it. They kept saying that people with health issues like diabetes will be in 1c but that didn't happen. I made my appointment when they opened up 1c to people with health issues but then they backtracked and said only people with serious health issues so I just went anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  19. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because of my slow metabolism I am now feeling my after effects. I had booked to come to Treasure Island (Minnesota) this weekend. No problems on the way over yesterday. Went to supper later last night around 8;30. During supper chills & shakes started. And exhaustion. Was in bed before 10. Then nightmares. This morning I think I have a fever. Don’t dare leave & go into Red Wing to shop as they check temp at entry doors lol !!! :rolleyes2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine at 12:50 yesterday. Took the dogs for a nice long walk after. Started feeling a bit off around 8:30 pm and by 11:00 pm the effects hit. I was up all night with fever, chills, a raging headache. No more fever or chills but still have a milder headache and achy. Worth it though. My husband feels fine, his arm is just a bit sore.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.