1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Staying at a lesser property to get better backend comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, when in Las vegas, I always stay at Caesars, and always stay at the Augustus Tower.

I'm guessing that for a standard room, that is the "most expensive" (in it's class) in the CET stable of properties.

If I stayed at a "lesser" property, such as Flamingo or Linq, would that increase the amount of discretionary comps that I could get?

My RC balance will be at zero after my trip in March, and I'm just trying to plan ahead.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It should. The problem you will have is that Flamingo and Linq will probably make available as comps room types that end up having the same value as an Augustus room. So you gotta turn those down and stay in a worse room in order to boost your back end comps.

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes all rooms have a comp value that you need to "play out of" before receiving additional comps. And the Augustus tower at CP is certainly one of the highest comp values for base rooms, along with octavius and Cromwell I'm sure.

If your play remains the same but you stay elsewhere, you will receive more backend comps. How many more depends on where you go. You'd obviously receive a bigger comp boost by switching to Rio than you would by switching to PH.

If you don't want to leave Caesar's, you could probably do the forum or palace tower for a bit of a comp boost.

4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I stay at Harrahs some trips to accomplish this. The cost of the room is very low compared to Caesars Augustus.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cost of the room is part of the comps.
    Just like if your host gets you a limo.
    Skip the limo and you have more comps in reserve maybe for an extra meal or two.
    Getting a massive room would eat tremendously into your comps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.