1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AD not quite live TR 1/10-1/?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by AyDee, Jan 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this at South Point? I can't say I've ever seen a machine with that many progressives underneath the royal...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn’t take a pic but the clubs miss happened.
    Oh, how nice, Twice now, so I can complete my picture collection.
    Thanks, evil machine!:thumbsup::cool:

9BDFFA4A-BCE9-4745-8DEA-396AA987CCC0.jpeg 5A4E6237-2E62-4D75-A354-13E5D12953CD.jpeg

1071E760-A76E-49F1-84C5-717F0AD6D035.jpeg 76B8E664-52EE-456A-8FFE-561B1EBDD8A7.jpeg
    These pictures are not staged, btw, almost always, at least once per trip, a few this one, at the end of a long drinking, gambling, night, one of my last few cigarrettes will somehow manage to get broken, usually when I'm right about to smoke but getting distracted by something else, like fumbling to tip a cocktail waitress.

There's no feeling quite as defeating as breaking your very last cig after a brutal night gambling...
    For me, it's the ultimate sign that it's time to go back to the room.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  3. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally conquered this evil hot rod bank machine that has been my no 4oak archnemisis all afternoon.
    upload_2022-1-13_22-52-1.jpeg
    yay, extra 50 cent, have I "broken the seal"?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time to hit a few more!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently all in on last night at craps.
    Probably going to color and try to restake at BJ.

postscript:
    tables were not so kind but did last quite a while, got on some $5/10 min BJ, and even craps, went all night once when they closed our table (good rolls), but transfered our grandfathered at $5 status to the other open $10 table.. Spent hours there, feeling like I couldn't leave... Made some goofy 3 and 5 way (everyone at the table+dealer) bets,

Had many interesting chats, met some fun people, dealers, and even pitbosses, when I told my rude boxman craps story to the tall russian pitlady at a BJ table, then said, I bet you can guess who I'm talking about, we shared a knowing glance and a laugh.

and yes, unfortunately, generally winners at tables at SP can only get a pit comp to the buffet.
    No worries, won two hands and comped myself, to Zenshin.

I've been trying to remember to ask for pit comps when I can, to ease the backend ask on the host..

Roxy was awesome as usual, comped off everything for this A+ #1 loser there this trip, saw her on the way out and dropped a gift w. a tip in it of course, ;):p.

:eek:(knowing full well my losses and action covered it and I was not obliged to do so in any manner):confused:

On the other hand, my Circa host says word has come down from up high that they can't comp Valet or late checkout fees..

Told her Gambler level still claims to offer late checkout (*if available), but the current charge is $20 for every hour you need past 11, full night if you go past 5 pm.

Also told her no worries, we left that night and went back to our double booked SP room so we wouldn't have to wake up early, then decided to use the extra night I booked and leave Fri, instead of Thursday like our original plan.

hope the other VMBer I met at GG that was staying at Circa and had a delayed flight got back home without too much trouble or hassle,
    shoutout the PNW, a lot of my Cali friends made the move up there to Portland, and are enjoying it.

shoutout to him, we met at the muppet seats, played some VP, chatted a bit, then we had to get on to trying to convert our FP in HL, where I ran into that party bus group...

6. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reporting to you live

Winners don’t quit…
    4's w. Deuce kicker just past 4:20 :);):headbang:
    7B473CD7-F19F-4FF5-A8EF-2DABD40EC502.jpeg
    :)phew! needed that, after many hours, tables were not so kind.
    6D086B44-4803-4326-A38D-CABFBF6E222E.jpeg
    DB3FA762-38BC-4A33-A2F6-4E1170694C39.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  7. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Judging by the VP win and cash you’re holding, did you get a TITO, go cash it out, then come back to the machine for a pic? Having fun reading this TR BTW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow why didn’t anyone tell me about how comfortable the crazy rich Asians seats are

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was crazy rich, I'd want comfortable seats. How'd you do on that game? It's the home of pretty much my only significant slot win in the last year (about $150, ha). No idea how that game works, but I got some sort of bonus and it paid off pretty well.

10. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got a mediocre bonus and played it to a stunning 61 cents TITO of shame..
    imo pretty volatile like buffalo. 6E52E92B-8BBE-4A27-8A5C-CEAF40BF7A73.jpeg 99071D40-BB84-453A-93F9-AD1A89E5A021.jpeg
    98A102F9-2783-4752-A81D-A970BA47AE95.jpeg
    FD51F795-AB70-40F7-96B1-5E0AE99EA004.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earlier this evening:
    CDCA54D4-37FB-4EC9-B3C1-072A97395D0F.jpeg 8341A755-22BF-4856-AADA-22E84B1D630F.jpeg
    caught the pair bet with the Aces (#3) I had been asking for,
    scratched up a final craps stake, pretty much lost it there,
    C2B27388-B63D-43F3-8BFB-14AF347CC509.jpeg 63A207F2-0B83-4304-AFFE-BB6D59DFC1B3.jpeg
    $30 pit comp at SP, playing $10/$15 min BJ:
    omfg, best Philly Cheesesteak either of us have ever had, we were probably really hungry, but think it might be leftover prime rib.
    FFE1E05C-3BF0-41A0-897A-559DDE6475E7.jpeg
    610.JPG

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost forgot, gave a guy at a Unicow invaders machine a 0.25 Tito, then finally hit the pair plus bet a few times, suited two king hearts, pushed by dealer two kings, those Aces above, and I think 3s and 5s.

I was telling the youngsters at the table when the drought breaks they tend to run in clusters, then watched about 4 unbet pairs land on them.

It's still a sucker bet but I get a kick out of it, if you just happen to stick it with a big bet out, it can easily cover several bets/lost hands.

I think at a previous table, with guys in for the horse show, I saw a guy only bet it a few times on gut feeling and he got at least two. They were also allowing players to make the pair bet for others, which happened and hit a few times, some places don't allow it, I usually qualify it with "it is a bet for you, you don't need to pay me back anything." at this table most were paid back, many of mine were lost.

min bet is $2, payouts differ depending on if it's double deck or 8 deck shoe, TTIL there are double deck games at SP, thought they were all shoe, this one was $10 min.

The player + dealer 4 kings, must pay off some different sucker bet well.... ?
    46BE9758-2754-49D1-A8E2-0C1884FD199E.jpeg BDBC6B13-59EF-424D-8C6C-E22FF1FA08FE.jpeg E6C039AE-77BA-4F2D-A685-A85191E56898.jpeg

my friend noted the nice Stingray badge on the side.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast of champions!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F0D82D3E-1981-4030-A35C-9FAA8347CAC7.jpeg 8048C04C-F198-4F07-B38B-03BF0D5DC9B7.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travels, and until next time!

• Love Love x 1
  16. MaxVegas

MaxVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun report! Thanks for posting. One of the best things about this board is getting to see Vegas from others' perspectives. I really like your style, though we do Vegas very differently. :headbang::beer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    exactly, @MaxVegas , TBH, I was very moved and inspired by your random acts of kindness in your latest TR, and made a goal to act in a similar fashion this trip.

CORRECTION, it was @maxev I was thinking of that did that TR, but consider the baton passed, the challenge issued, try it and please report on results, it's fun and rewarding.
    Oh wait, @MaxVegas, you were the one throwing puppy parties, you know, you good. :thumbsup:

(insert monty python maximus joke?)

sorry @maxev, what I said above.
    • (..?),.. started another thread about handing out your change titos, great story, will fill in. teaser, gave a guy a 25 cent tito and luck turned. I think it was when I started hitting the pair bets.
    • brought several pairs of socks to give to homeless on Fremont, but never hit FME, stayed at the periphery of Circa/GG/Plaza/MSS/Cal, and didn't get a chance to give them out
    • gave two smokes to a possibly mentally impaired woman at BHB before security rushed up and kicked her out, bartender had called, and they showed right then, when she started pestering P & I at @Joe's seat, (that's the first one at the end, right, @Ty? Happened real fast, we did appreciate it, but probably should have given her a pair of those socks.
    • Tipped every single restroom attendant I came across
    • (1 funny story, guy was obviously in some type of agony, moaning to himself while leaning on the towel rack, looking like he was going to pass out, I asked if he was ok, or if there was anything he wanted to talk about, he was just starting an 8 hour shift, and I could empathize with what that must feel like)
    • The MSS attendant was the most cheerful I've ever seen, also the cleanest and dryest I've ever seen there, I complimented him on it, he said, "I'm just getting started, you should see it when I'm done". Told me stories about how he likes to take pictures of the ladies that come in to see the wall (you can, ladies), and took a pic of me in the pose that you will all never see, big up, and shout out... (I got it somewhere...) he's quite old and grey but a mad positive guy.
    • I was busted out when leaving so could only scratch up a buck each for the 3 doing all the SP bathrooms right before we headed out.
    • $30 pit comp early in the morning at SP Cafe, maybe 10 minutes before late night specials end, what do you do? I invited two "strangers" (*once defined as "friends you haven't met yet") to help me max it, $10 ea limit, only I went over. Waitress also helped us all get over the "no to go" order thing, so she got a $20 tip. AD protip, you just have to act like it's for there, eat some of it, then get a box to go, she was very ;);) down with the program and got us our to go boxes promptly. She even delayed the Club sandwich order until we were leaving. like I like to say, errybody gotta eat.
    • after having not all that positive feelings about getting sweated and nearly kicked off the table while winning at craps, doing that with the pit comp the pit boss gave me made me feel happier than if I had won xxx whatever playing craps. Still came out up, even though there was prob >100 on the board, "take that, Southpoint!"
    • If everyone in the world took this concept and passed it forwards twice or more, the world would surely be a better place.
    134.JPG
    also it was about quarter till 6, when the specials ended, so we had to close the deal fast,
    hope they don't mind their pictures up here, they did get two meals each out of it,
    I was very impressed with the steak & eggs, which seems super popular, and now I know why, also got a Club sandwich to go, (limit one on specials, pro move with the biscuits and gravy), which I brought up to P and kept well, ate some the next morning as a lazy brunch.
    136.JPG 135.JPG
    they said they had busted out gambling, and were s uper appreciative, when I ran into them on they way up to the room, they asked me for two bucks, was tempted to give more, but that's all they asked for so they got it, (asking for any more, imho, would be pushing it), hope they parlayed that one spin into a handpay.. :thumbsup: or at least a few drinks at the bar playing keno... :beer:
    sign the night is over, time for my up all night room service delivery apology,
    138.JPG 146.JPG 137.JPG
    shout out Elizabeth D, she was awesome,
    *there was more bacon in that club, but I ate it.

• at SP, they close the bathrooms sometime near the crack of dawn every morning, I was a sherpa for a desperate guy to the nearest open restroom, while warning him about the time I ran around and 3 of them were closed, we made it and it was open... On that note SP is awesome in that from anywhere, you are pretty much in line of sight of two restrooms, your only choice is which one seems closer. lol, he was moving really fast and it looked like a close one. - IIRC I was trying to play a VP machine to 0 and it didn't let me lose and I was right behind him there.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  18. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    comfortably back home after a 4 hour drive, and doing some editing and filling in of details,
    shoutout @luck.ofthe.draw , how was the drive back. and how long did it take?
    I shuddered thinking about you trying to drive in Friday, it didn't look great as we were getting into LA around 3pm.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  19. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh, one way this was a winning trip is finally got a trial for Shazam, and it seemed to have figured out my algo, and was playing great runs of "new to me" songs that I made a great playlist out of, it was just about long enough to cover the entire drive home, maybe I'll post it when it gets that long, here's one that maybe I heard at Circa, and was at the perfect set & setting, place, & time:

IIRC it was 4-5amish, when staff that gets off at Circa gather at the end of the Overhang bar to slam a bunch of drinks before they head home, chopped it up w. the bartender, he was doing some impressive ice throwing tricks, and learned they can drink and gamble at one properties, but get written up if they hit a progressive.. I pointed to a 4M progressive right in my sightline, said thats some FU money, when I told P about it later we agreed, we would ask for HR to combine your writeup meeting with your resignation...

Sometimes, the price of things is not always money.
    and sometimes, no amount of money can get you what you want.
    Shoutout Elijah, most high energy bartender I've met yet at Overhang,
    you should see his ice tricks.

226.JPG
    left, Johnny Black, mid, French 75, right, Lemon drip drop w. a little crystal light lemonade in it for better flavor. An excellent pairing menu if I may say so myself. Ice is on the side because I'm about to go hit machines.
    I think I'm giving the finger to no Mac 12.
    :cool: and yeah, it's four in the morning.
    238.JPG

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  20. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DT fill ins maybe go here?

MSS/Cal aren't the best spots to hit midweek. For us, ymmv,

179.JPG 184.JPG
    We were the only ones at BHB, except for the lady that bummed two cigs off me then got bum rushed by security, , good looking out Jose (?) 182.JPG
    wait, this is drunk and blurry and it looks like a parrot is playing :eek:
    181c.JPG
    there were a few people on the slots, but we had to move on to Cal to feel a little more live energy.

187.JPG
    Tables were actually open at Cal on the tuesday we went in, after we checked in, I found our homey Circa Bellman Evan
    (shoutout Evan, he is at most one of two staffed and pulling major overtimes, also he's young, positive, and not jaded, like so many)
    right next to me rolling dice, we hadn't even recognized each other for 10 minutes until the rotation had passed to the other side, we were staring at the dice.
    He had brought our bags to the rooms and we fully coincidentally re-met right next to each after his shift ended at midnight.
    :eek: :):beer:pretty sure we're brothers from another mother.
    Another Big up to Evan, best bellman ever, when at Circa, ask for him by name..
    tell him AD sent you, give him a fist bump, I guarantee he will take care of you. 209.JPG 214.JPG
    No joke, real talk, we put this Lei on here for P's grandma, RIP, who used to always take those bus trips from Gardena and stay at the Cal, it's in an old TR, last year, and nobody has removed it yet.

If you see it, give a shout out to Grandma M. (@Tarpie, try it)
    and get that Royal She's always been hunting.
    If you also give a shout out to the 442nd it couldn't hurt.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.