1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Offers - May 2024

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ColoVegPlayer, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is getting weirder with the minute. I still have suites at Bellagio most weekdays, and every weekend is at least a basic room comped. But for me… now Mandalay Bay & Delano have been ‘broken’.

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah MB is currently unbookable at any price for me, so I'm probably getting it pushed through right now.

The creeping nature of this is starting to make me lean towards it being intentional instead of a bug. But it could be both.

My offers went way up and I have two reservations I want to rebook but obviously I'm not going to be able to do it myself now. Really annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Toomuchcoffee

Toomuchcoffee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still think it's a bug.
    I let you guys know I went 1.5 months where all comps mysteriously disappeared and mgm rewards mistakenly thought my last trip was 4 years ago instead of last summer.

When they fixed it up the issue came back hours later until a full month later.

Plus they did the weird thing where people who normally have 4 nights comped it went down to 3 but later fixed that too.

This stuff started happening after the hack and reopening of their site. Them thinking I haven't been to vegas in 4 years instead of last summer when my account still shows all the history and is viewable to me sounds like all the weirdness isn't on purpose.

4. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Idk what everyone is looking for?

Everything works fine for me. Plugged in different dates (hotels) and it’s all comped.

5. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same. I have nothing currently booked and saw my offer being applied at all properties as expected except for one night at park that’s randomly blacked out (5/8)

even saw that the penthouse Sky Suite at aria is available for my upcoming trip, which prompted a quick follow up email to my host :)

Vegas Baby!
  6. huskermike

huskermike Dice Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same for me now. Only MGM bookable lol. It’s definitely a cluster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. huskermike

huskermike Dice Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offers were definitely the same and I’m getting emails every day or so for the highest level slot tournaments (which I don’t play), plus tickets to fights, concerts, etc. I’m starting to think they’re moving over Cosmo info somehow (where I stay but don’t play much) and it’s messing up the comps. Should get sorted at some point I assume.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, now for me, Mandalay Bay has the "no resort credit" bug, but comped rooms are bookable.

9. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember seeing someone say they might be moving to more dynamic offers, having to modify the code for those specific elements from static text to something that can vary would make sense that those elements are what are disappearing and reappearing.

10. Gambler4Fun

Gambler4Fun MGM Convert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now only Bellagio and MGM are working for me. Looks like they are migrating more hotels today. Hopefully they will migrate the users with existing reservations after the last two hotels are migrated. They should have a better migration plan than the way it’s executed, lol

11. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry, did you just ask that MGM should be more technically capable?

I didn't realize it was April Fools today! :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just noticing something else that has changed, the T&C regarding freeplay. It used to say thst freeplay on future uses of an offer were subject to maintaining play level. Now the text has changed to a clear 1 use per offer PERIOD!

This might hold a clue as to why they're doing what they are doing, which would lead to system wide booking limitations making sense.

Screenshot_20240502-133328~2.png

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I just rebooked one of my reservations on the phone. This is how it went.

• I had a One Bedroom Penthouse Fountain View at Vdara booked for 5 nights Fri - Wed. Comped first 4 nights, 5th at an 83% discount over retail at the time I booked. It was a miracle I was able to get that comped in the first place.
    • Looked at the current retail prices and knew I wouldn't be able to keep the same room if I rebooked, but it's overkill for me, so I was OK if I had to move down as long as it wasn't below one of their 811 SF suites. Based on the current retail prices for those, I wasn't expecting that to be a problem.
    • Called, agent sets up a "test account" to see what I can get under the new offer before cancelling the existing reservation. I can't get the Penthouse, but I can get a City Corner Fountain View, which was my first choice as an alternative.
    • So once that's determined, she cancels the existing reservation, switches me to a mode to punch in credit card info, then it switches back to her and she completes the new reservation.
    • So that all went fine, it was a cancel and rebook, which I like because it's clean. I only got a 75% discount on the 5th night, so I'm actually paying a little more for that night than I was before, lol.
    • I got a cancellation email and a new confirmation email.
    • The confirmation email is not in the same overall format as the usual system-generated ones, which may be simply because I did it on the phone. Interestingly, the format of the confirmation number is different, it starts with "1JR" instead of an "M." The FP and RC amounts are not listed. I'm not that worried about either of those things although I really wish the FP/RC amounts were on there.
    I'd never rebooked over the phone before. I'm not sure, but the format of the confirmation number may be a clue that a system change is underway. If someone's straight up booked a new reservation online since the weird behavior started and the confirmation doesn't start with an "M" like they always used to, that may add credence to that theory.

I didn't discuss the booking engine behavior with the rep, I just didn't want to get into it.

I'm gonna wait until the next offer cycle to rebook my other reservation so I don't have to worry about the you-only-get-freeplay-once thing. I'll probably get shut out of the high-end room type I have booked on that one too, but that's OK, I'm sure I'll still be able to get at least the usual suite I've always been able to get before my offers went up.

$275 increase in freeplay on each stay untimately won the mental battle vs high end room type overkill.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 5
  14. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was it a 5 character confirmation?

15. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Chuck2009x last time I booked over the phone with a rep, it showed a 9-digit all numerical reservation #.
    Out of all the times I’ve booked with a phone rep, the emails 100% of the time did NOT have any FP & RC amounts.
    I have gotten the full amounts every time without issue so you’ll be fine.

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it was 10 chars, mixed numbers and letters.

The system generated ones that start with an "M" are 9 chars. I just looked back and I've been getting them in that format since Jan of 2016.

May mean something, may not.

@ColoVegPlayer says his GF made a reservation last night, maybe he can say what format that reservation number is in.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  17. Gambler4Fun

Gambler4Fun MGM Convert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the title of the confirmations email from the cs agent start with ‘Itinerary detail’?

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's the subject line. "Itinerary Details" and the dates.

19. kkvn30

kkvn30 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a Nomad reservation yesterday when my offers flipped for May, Confirmation starts 6KA.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'm not really worried about the FP & RC amounts, the rep confirmed.

Plus I just remembered I got an email for the first time yesterday about this month's offer and it lists the FP & RC amounts and it's timestamped May 1. And my confirmation is timestamped today. So that should cover it if there's any problem.

I hadn't gotten an email about a regular marketing offer since way back when some of the hotels used to do their own separately.

• Agree Agree x 1