1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VMB is NOT like the rest of the Internet ON PURPOSE

Discussion in 'Admin. Announcements' started by Sonya, Jan 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason I’m here is because it’s not full of a bunch of argumentative jerks and trolls. Basically any other Vegas or gambling related message board is an unbelievable cesspool. Sometimes it seems the moderating is a bit heavy handed but I get the reason for needing to be overly cautious and stern. I say keep doing what your doing.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said.

GG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lanfear

Lanfear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was all a test to see who read the rules.

Questions, comments or ideas about how VMB conducts business are not to be discussed on the open board.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do think that the decision to have a hard-and-fast ban on politics is the correct one, for this system.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MCOtoLAS

MCOtoLAS Vegas Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I migrated here after being tired of so many groups on FB being full of completely inaccurate information, absolute jerks on 9 out of 10 posts, and the same questions over and over and over with answers rarely being what the OP even asked for.

It's so nice to not deal with that here mostly, but yeah, the Ignore feature is not unknown to me, and life on the board is good!

Thanks for all the work all Sonya and all the other mods put in, looking forward to what comes next for VMB, as long as the lights stay on for a good while longer :D

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will confess to being banned. I was a jerk. It was a primary reason I got off Twitter and FB. I was becoming “that guy” and in real life I’ve never been that guy. Sonya set me straight and I am a better VMBer for it.

Yearly Del Mar, Saratoga, Mt. Charleston, Pool trip
    • Like Like x 23
    • Love Love x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those FB groups are something else lol It's good stuff here, i been here awhile lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - I feel there is a higher level of Vegas goer here vs other places on the internet.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Facebook is a terrible platform for discussion - mainly because it shows answers in random order (or not at all) and finding previous posts is almost impossible (hence repeated questions).

I think I've been using this site for nearly 20 years now - it is always entertaining and informative.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, Geocities! I remember hosting my own website on there which was a stepping stone into my current professional career!
    But I digress... VMB is an amazing place because it provides so much information in a setting that keeps things on focus (both the culture of the board helps with that, as well as the hard work of the mods). I find VMB to be one of the most informative sites regarding all things Vegas, and keeping things professional and from veering too far off-topic is important. Vegas is one of those places that when I can't be there, I can at least still be a part of it here (wait... that sounds familiar, lol)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. moongoa

moongoa You got to want it!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Relatively new here, but I agree with most of the people on here VMB is definitely a higher level Vegas chat. Cuts through all the BS and has real and accurate information. I rarely see any bickering but that’s probably because you’re moderating it which is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

UFC Mcgregor
    Using up those comps!
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usenet could be NASTY. Ditto with Fidonet (AKA Fight-O-Net)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know your post wasn’t asking for financial contributions, but I think this is important.
    I seem to remember a few years ago there being a pinned post about making a pay pal contribution.

I found this site just before my second trip to Vegas. I’m now about to go to Vegas for the fifth time.

I learnt about myvegas, players rewards cards and how to play VP. I have saved thousands of dollars thanks to this forum.

So @Sonya can you post how we can tip a few $ to help with the sites running costs.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this place is as perfect as perfect can get on the interwebs 2024. Informative, entertaining and best of all - not facebooky.

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^^^^^^^^ This! ^^^^^^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to go off topic so might move to a new thread, BUT, there's a big "DONATE" through paypal button on the main/front page.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes there's a difference of opinion. What @Sonya considers rude, or off-topic may not appear to be to the poster. Of course, it's her site with all of the time and care she puts into it. Always her call. But, not every post that's looked at as malicious was meant to be taken that way. Personally, I'm not on any social media. This is the closest I come to any of those sites and I do like the civility.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  18. MNHornet09

MNHornet09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for all of you efforts! As a lurker(mostly), the activity and amount of time people spend on these boards is evidence that what you have created is not taken for granted.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joeman

Joeman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, there are really some members who want VMB to be like "the rest of the internet???" Wow! I have found VMB to be THE definitive go-to site for everything Vegas, precisely because it's not like the rest of the internet! If it were not "The Friendliest Las Vegas Travel Information Forum," I doubt it would have such a rich diversity of topics and members, not to mention depth of good information, that it now enjoys.

I am also a member of another Vegas website and have seen many a good poster leave the site (and sometimes come here!) because of the unfriendliness that is allowed to go on there. And that place is nowhere near as bad as "the rest of the internet."

Thank you @Sonya (and the other mods) for all you do!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  20. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The misinformation on the FB Groups for various Vegas rewards programs is laughably incorrect. But if you try and post anything there to the contrary....good luck. *insert Angry react FB emoji* lol

I appreciate the amount of good information we get here on VMB.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.