1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Are You Watching/Streaming in 2024

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Running late

Running late High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite quote from The Holdovers - "For most people life is like a henhouse ladder. Shitty and short."

• Love Love x 3
  2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was going to start Death and Other Details but waited too late (first episode is 53 min) so started School Spirits instead. I do LOVE a murder mystery. 1st EP was really good so we will continue!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Russ7018

Russ7018 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched the series Bookie and enjoyed it. It's streaming on Max, I think 10 episodes. Just some silly fun about a bookie trying to make a living and keep his life together.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We started the Australian show Fisk on Netflix. This woman and I need to be friends. :haha:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reacher season 2 and True Dective season 1, and Joe Pickett season 2. but not really bingeing kind of just snacking once in a while.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MCOtoLAS

MCOtoLAS Vegas Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked School Spirits! It was one of several things I downloaded to watch offline to watch on the plane during my May Vegas trip last year. None of my streaming apps would work once I was on the plane except Paramount+ so my hand was forced. I'm looking forward to the next season, I hope you enjoy it!

• Like Like x 3
  7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubs watched ep 1 of iZombie while I was gone over the weekend, and we've watched 2 & 3 since I came back. Sometimes I cover my eyes (I do not like so much explicit violence) and it's pretty good.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We typically have two streaming shows going, a 30 minute and a 60 minute show. Our 30 minute is currently Fisk and last night we started Deadloch. I guess I'm Australian this week. :)

9. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched Killers of the Flower Moon on AppleTV. A long (3:26) and violent film which I’m sure will do well at the Oscars. Wasn’t for me but I grinded through it because it’s critically acclaimed but I wouldn’t recommend it for someone with a short attention span.

I also finished watching Snowdrop on Disney+. It’s a lot of work but it’s pretty well done. Jisoo from BLACKPINK is the female lead. I was expecting a love story but it was an espionage/backstabbing politics/love story set in 1980s South Korea. I found it to be very violent for Disney as well as for Kdramas but it finished in a strong and tidy manner.

I watched it because of Jisoo, who is widely regarded as the prettiest girl in K-pop based on the Korean Beauty Standards. Her acting skills are solid so I expect to see more of her acting in the future.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We watched Barbie, finally, this weekend. Loved it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a big fan of seeing programs and movies shown as filmed, not as sanitized for broadcast. Started watching "Funny Woman" on PBS and found the censorship annoying and distracting. Not only would it not show tits, it would not even let people say "tits". So I found the uncut version on the PBS streaming series which is available to donors, Not a great show but much more enjoyable uncut.

Anytime in the future that I encounter sanitized PBS programming on the air, I will check the streaming service. Note that the PBS streaming app does not work on all brands of tv sets. My new LG is not supported, so to access the app I needed to install my Fire Stick from the old nonsmart tv my new one replaced.

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did someone call my name? :)

I’ll stick with Fast X, latest from the Fast & Furious franchise. Explosions and fast cars! I started it yesterday. 2:23 minutes, but I got distracted and will finish it today!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I subscribed to a few services over the holidays then set up an IPTV on our main tv.

holy c#%£! 15000 flipping Chanel’s. Way more than I need. Only twice I had minor buffering issues. I think there are premium streaming services included. Need to explore!

After finishing up Yes Minister/ Prime Minister, we have moved on to House of Cards - original UK version. About 3/4 through. Great little series.

I think we will binge 80s and 90s for a while before hitting current mellenium!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mony

Mony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been watching anything with Nicholas Cage. Sometimes it's hard to watch him because it's so bad. Other times he is amazing. Either way I am having fun doing it.

• Like Like x 3
  15. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, so true. In 1995, Nicolas Cage starred in both Leaving Las Vegas, perhaps the most powerful depiction of alcohol addiction ever filmed, and Kiss of Death, a horrible movie that David Caruso certainly didn't add any value to.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  16. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great movie, and that quote struck me as well. Recently I read/heard a statistic that to be in the top 1% of income earners worldwide, you only need to make $32k per year. Most of us Americans are outrageously wealthy by that standard, but we don't feel it because we've (well, at least I've) lost perspective.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We burned through The Bear (really intense, great acting), Murderers in the Building (charming, good story, great guests) and now finally started Jack Ryan (on season 3 already). Gonna need a new series soon!

• Like Like x 1
  18. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The latest installment of the magnificent serial: Fargo
    [​IMG]

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not the norm for this thread, but we started streaming PWHL games! The Professional Women's Hockey League - 6 teams matching the original 6 NHL cities/teams. In Canada the games air on various channels, but in the US the games are available on YouTube. Since we have YT set up to stream on a couple of our tvs, it works great! Tonight at 7est, Toronto plays Ottawa.....

https://www.thepwhl.com/en/

• Like Like x 3
  20. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...how complicated is it to make an IPTV service work on a smart TV?
    I did a little bit of research on this a year ago, and they all required an App that my Samsung cannot access.
    Just wondering if it's gotten better, and eliminated the need for the 3rd-party app.