1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Speculation Time: Cosmo myVEGAS awards come 2/2024

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by zoomer_eddie, Dec 12, 2023.

1. zoomer_eddie

zoomer_eddie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As rewards for next year start populating the store, wanted to open up some speculation for what myVEGAS rewards for the Cosmopolitan may look like.

The Cosmo will join MGM Rewards on 2/1, allowing for MGM to offer rewards there. We can pretty safely assume some sort of rewards are coming because MGM has a whole question on their FAQ page about the rewards transition about mVEGAS rewards specifically. (As of writing it reads:
    Can I use myVEGAS rewards at The Cosmopolitan?
    Not at this time. More information will be communicated soon!)

This is my own speculation, but I’m gonna assume we’ll see at least:
    • One night/two night awards + FREEPLAY awards (priced similarly to ARIA’s awards, since MGM’s marketing materials seem to put these in the same category)
    • Various restaurant awards
      • Unsure if it’ll match the value of the ARIA awards ($10/20 off $20/40 at a $/$$/$$$ venue) or the existing Park MGM awards (free apps with entrees, $15/16/18 value). I am leaning towards the former but who knows
      • Regardless, rewards tend to heavily lean towards $$ priced restaurants that have enough seating to take reservations. If I had to pick restaurants that would probably show up, I’d wager China Poblano, Holstein’s, and the Henry would be included. Eggslut and Momofuku/Bang Bar probably do not need the extra sales and any pricier restaurants usually have suckier awards (see the 60k champagne w/entree @ PRIME premium award)
      • Obviously, offering Wicked Spoon rewards would be a huge incentive. Every other buffet MGM has offers a 2-for-1 award so one is likely here. Or maybe they will buck the trend since Wicked Spoon is objectively better than all the other buffets MGM has
    • Some bar/drink awards - at least one BOGO cocktail award since they seem to love offering those.
    I’d really doubt Spiegelworld’s OPM would offer any awards, and spa awards are rare enough that they might not be offered or might suck.

Feel free to speculate further!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OPM closes permanently after 12/31/23. Those specific doubts are not only well-founded, they're bankable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be surprised if they didn't wait until 3-6 months after the MGM Rewards conversion (whenever that actually happens) to start offering rewards more in line with the limited rewards that Bellagio offers.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they'll price Cosmo rewards (particularly rooms) higher than their current top-tier properties, if they offer them at all.

5. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As Scott said I figure a bit later. My guess would be June/July when they open up the next batch of room rewards at least for rooms. Hoping they shock us (no pun intended) with a really good $40 for $20 offer or something of that nature. Maybe bogo on Wicked Spoon.

Overplanning Extreme NYNY, MSS, Sam't Town
    • Like Like x 1
  6. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel some major points inflation coming. The 5X points ain't for nothing so I'm building my treasure chest anticipating some really expensive rewards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again?!?! Theyve already jacked up prices 2 or 3 times in the last 1 to 2 years. I bought Konami freeplays in 2021 for 50k LP. They're 150k now, so already up to 300%, and that all happened shortly after Google and Apple pay nerfed earning extra LP for betting higher. Every survey theyve sent me I've said the rewards are priced way too high now and earning takes way too long, and paired with the fact that the mobile games have gone from games with some ads, to ads with some games, that they're not really worth playing any more. And I've heard the same sentiment on many forums. Maybe they took note of that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. zoomer_eddie

zoomer_eddie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kind of disagree - there's already awards for 2024 that have elevated prices, but not 5x prices. The Maverick Vegas Views award for example, went from 600 -> 900k a few weeks ago. The room awards already got bumped. This isn't to say that the rewards won't become expensive again - I know the Madame Tussauds award went from 80k to 230k a few months ago - but I can't imagine awards getting suddenly 5x more expensive unless it's a gradual shift up.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being that the cosmo identity changeover has been delayed, I'm assuming any MyVegas launch will also be delayed. Could be summer or fall now.

More fallout from the MGM hack I'm guessing. I'm seriously wondering if the Marriott launch will be pushed back more (that one is easy for them now as they are no longer specifying a month).

• Informative Informative x 1