1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas Legal Name Issues

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Missy Lynne, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Missy Lynne

Missy Lynne Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone else been denied a free night hotel redemption due to the names on your MyVegas and MGM Rewards account not matching? I used my nickname when I set up MyVegas years ago and of course, my MGM account reflects my full legal name since I have to show ID to check into a hotel. Both accounts reflect the same email address. I’ve redeemed multiple hotel awards, free play, and BOGO in the last three years and no one ever said a word. I tried to redeem a Bellagio reward last week and was told I cannot redeem any rewards because my name on PlayStudios doesn’t match MGM. PlayStudios won’t change my account name. I’m currently sitting on 3M+ points and needless to say I am NOT happy…

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Angelina Lin

Angelina Lin Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Today, I purchased a $750 Norwegian Redemption Code. Unfortunately, even though I changed my Facebook name to match my passport name a while ago, the name was different when I initially started playing the myVEGAS game to earn points. When I called Norwegian to book today, they successfully reserved and deducted all applicable charges, then they found that the original Facebook name doesn't match the passport name. What should I do now? If the myVEGAS system cannot capture the correct name, I won't be able to use the two $750 credits. Has anyone experienced this, and how did you handle it?

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The name you used for your first ever MyVegas reward is the name in THEIR system that links all of the information. Your Facebook account name shouldn't matter.
    The only think you may be able to do is contact Playstudios support and see if they can assist you. But, if you used a fake name when you redeemed your first rewards, you probably won't be able to do anything as you can not prove the name change was legit. They do this to keep people from selling MyVegas accounts and allowing others to redeem rewards on those account (all of this is against their TOS.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My situation is different but it might help. My AppleID was a different name but it didn't matter at first since my real name was used when I started myVEGAS. I redeemed many rewards including at MGM where they verified ID. Recently the system took the AppleID (incorrect) name for the rewards but Playstudios was able to change the name back to my original and updated the rewards I had already purchased.

5. Angelina Lin

Angelina Lin Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I started myVEGAS by Facebook which was a faked name. I redeemed rewards at MGM where we signed up an account on M life. When we redeemed the reward code, MGM verified ID to match the name registered in M life. For Norwegian cruise, I guess I need to do the same process. Now I have signed up an account by playing myVEGAS‘s email with the real personal information. Hopefully tomorrow NUL agent will inform me everything is set.