1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3 nights in Sin City- MGM/Cosmo

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasSchemer, May 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Edit to add: Vegas dates are 5/15 to 5/18

Going to some hiking out in Southern Utah for a days and then swing back through Vegas for 3 nights.

I’m mostly looking forward to my food plans:

-Cosmo brunch
    -Gordon Ramsay Pub @ Caesars (Diamond celebration dinner)
    -Hugo’s Cellar @ Four Queens (using my last app credit)
    -Yama Sushi near the Wynn

In my true low rolling fashion, I’ll be staying one night at MGM Grand via myVEGAS and scooping up $200 in freeplay while there across the south strip MGM hotels.

Then it’s over to Cosmo for two nights using free rooms from the email trivia promotion they sent out in December. If it’s available for under $150/night, we’re going to upgrade to a terrace with fountain view. Wish us luck on that!

otherwise, we’ll see what we run into but it’ll be a pretty relaxed trip...rolling with just $500, and who knows if we’ll really even play more than a 30 minute BJ session here or there.

Probably a food pic report, but wanted to get this started since it’s way easier to keep something going than launch it from Sin City.

Let me know if y’all have any questions or things you’d like intel on!

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great food plan!
    When does the Vegas trip start @VegasSchemer ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should’ve added that. I’m rusty! Starts Saturday night. Just got to LAS and I’m leaving to Utah immediately. It feels like I’m doing something wrong not jumping into a car straight to my hotel. lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And we are off!

A9C14E75-A970-41BE-A381-997287423F87.jpeg 17866CC9-9F24-4CE6-A847-13983939361B.jpeg 16155B77-B5C8-44DC-9F13-0EC6C348512A.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spent two nights in Zion, such a beautiful place, and returned to Vegas last night.

Stayed one night at MGM Grand via myvegas (just pay $44 resort fee, awesome for a Saturday night). Basic Grand Tower room. Ran a 15 mile with ~1,000 elevation gain race in Utah so I just needed somewhere to crash. Was too tired to play so Mrs. Schemer and I just hit the hay.

Of course, we’re next to the room with super loud music and yelling young people. At 9PM, it’s Vegas, do your thing. 4AM and you’re waking me up again? We’ve got a problem.

Knocked on the wall, and they eventually shut up (took about 20 minutes). Yelled over that I didn’t want to call security but this isn’t cool. They finally shut up. Ugh. I really don’t want to mess up people’s fun but I think this was super inconsiderate.

Then we ate at Cosmo brunch this morning. 8AM reservation, but we get there at 7:50 and the line is huge.

we notice and confirm there’s a separate line for people with reservations and jump over to it.

food was excellent, only one station had somebody playing things for you. Because Cosmo already had the individual dishes approach set up, they’ve basically just gone back to normal.

We try to check in and pay for a room upgrade to a terrace but non were available. Came back two hours later to try again but still struck out. Learned that the resort fee was comped though, so that’s a great win.

in between we went to Excalibur and did the $20 for $30 in NGC chips from Win Cards. Walked away with $250+! Awesome start on a $40 buy in. Also turned $100 in Konami app freeplay into $99 playing 8/5 JoB and video blackjack. Not great games but a little better than slots. Lots of $10 tables available at Excalibur for those who are concerned about high minimums. Cosmo was $25 for carnie games and $50 for blackjack.

overall, perfect start.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also would add that Cosmo’s service has been top notch. Bellman was fantastic (I asked if the shower should’ve had soap and if calling down to housekeeping was the best way to get some), he turns and books it down the hall to the housekeeping cart (out of view from where we were, so I didn’t even know it was on our floor). Tipped him a little extra and will leave a comment on the way out about him.

The reservation system at wicked spoon was smooth, too. They had clearly prepared and printed out the morning reservations around 7AM, so they were ready to seat us all very quickly.

at this stage in life, I’m a budget traveler but I can definitely see why people splurge for the VIP treatment.

• Like Like x 4
  7. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three quick COVID observations:

1- plexiglass was only at a few blackjack or carnival game tables where we visited, no craps

2- mask wearing is probably at 5% outside and 25% inside

3- the mid-floor hand washing stations have been pulled from MGM properties

just sharing this info for those who are curious

• Like Like x 1
  8. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello.
    What were the table min at Excalibur ?

9. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey, $10-15 for blackjack and carnival games. $15 for craps. Tables running at full capacity as expected.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe12794

Joe12794 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mind sharing the table game limits at Cosmo? Thanks!

11. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I’ll take a look at craps and roulette tonight but what I saw earlier was $25 for carnie games and $50 for blackjack.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $25 dollars for carny games at Cosmo? Ouch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reporting back: On Sunday night, I saw a packed $50 table and some $100 for BJ. Craps was $50.

Monday morning (before 11AM) had several $25 blackjack tables with space and carnie games in the $10-$25 range.

14. Joe12794

Joe12794 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sheesh! Hope those $50 craps limits drop

• Like Like x 1
  15. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last night we enjoyed a nice meal at Hugo’s Cellar using a $100 credit from the social gaming app plus comp dollars. Great meal, great service. I really like it there. Not as good as some of the Strip resort steakhouses I’ve been to but there’s a nice feel there.

Then we hopped around to scoop up some free play at El Cortez and from showing the Binions and Four Queens apps to the players club at their respective properties. Left up $41.

403B7A14-9A33-4555-B465-6F0EC975F056.jpeg FA301EEA-1806-4BE7-90D0-70989350A185.jpeg 2EF7928C-C517-402F-9417-737D1E542599.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Night view of the fountains from our room. In the morning, we went down to see if we could score a terrace suite of any kind (wraparound, one bedroom, studio, etc.) and got the one bedroom for $35. Happy to make the switch for that price. No fountain view on this side but I enjoy the Strip view we do have still.

At this point we’re up around $450 (expected $350 from all our little promos), tomorrow I go to Planet Hollywood and donate it back. ;)

DBDFDD56-8D65-4C9F-968C-93AE04F8B5ED.jpeg 177CBB9D-7270-41D2-A3A7-3D55F78456CC.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  17. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down to $50/$25/$25 across the three tables right now (Monday around 2PM).

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.