1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Neon Museum Membership Can Easily Pay for Itself And Then Some

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Flowers, Sep 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last night I renewed my membership with the Neon Museum.

I was previously a Frontier member for $150, which included a full free membership for myself and one other person, so I when I joined a year and half ago I gave that second membership to my brother @Champster1. Last night I renewed with the least expensive membership for $75, which includes free/unlimited admission to the Boneyard, including guided tours, and to the Brilliant Show for one and discounts for others plus a 10% discount in the museum shop.

A ticket for a guided tour of the Boneyard + the Brilliant Show is $45. I renewed my membership and while in my account online, I bought my ticket, and paid ZERO for it. It says $45 in the cart but then there is a 0.00 to the right and you don't get charged. Just make sure that's the case before you put your CC through/hit "purchase." I think this is a positive change in policy as when I purchased my membership in person before, they would NOT let me use it towards a free admission that day, which seemed pretty silly. But now, you can clearly use it towards your next visit, at least if you purchase your membership and ticket online.

I also made an additional donation of $25 as a Neon Museum board member is doubling all donations up to $30,000 through the month of September so I did have a purchase for a ticket and the donation, with the net cost being $25.

Wanted to share for any of you thinking about visiting the Neon Museum or even the Mob Museum in the near future as, though I don't have the current list with me now, membership at the Neon Museum gets you free or very reduced cost admission to a few hundred museums and venues across the country, including, I'm pretty sure, the Mob Museum.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, my bad I missed your post!

Hope the three of you have a great time! I LOVE how you worked your membership, all while supporting the Neon Museum at the same time!! :love::love::love::love:

• Love Love x 1
  4. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know! Will likely buy a membership since I’ll be buying 3 adult tickets anyway. Since it’s also part of the reciprocal museum program, you can use that membership at other museums across the country. Pretty cool!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know if the 50 percent off works on the Brilliant show as well? Me + 3 may go in a week, Frontier worth it if we can buy their 2 extra Brilliant tickets for half, plus the $150. Will not probably make a second trip and not really a huge museum person...

6. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I looked, in Vegas, the only orher "NARM" museum is Burlesque. Doesn't appear Mob Museum is part of the system, at least at this time, unless it is a different benefit unrelated to the NARM connection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. comfortablynumb

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brilliant isn't included with the guest passes, but sometimes they will comp it.

8. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several museum reciprocal agreement entities. The basic one is largely smaller museums, but as you increase donation levels, you can often get into more significant museums. As a benefactor level donor to my local art museum, I have access to three different reciprocal agreements. Granted, by then, it's probably cheaper to pay for admission, but that really isn't the point of donating to a museum.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. comfortablynumb

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the Neon Museum newsletter I just received today:

"Several new institutions have joined the NARM network recently, including Pueblo Grande Museum in Phoenix, the Holocaust Museum in L.A., and The Western Museum of Mining and Industry in Colorado Springs. But there are so many more! Go to the NARM website and search by city, state or even zip code to find the ones that are closest to you. Remember that if you are a Frontier member or above, you get free access to more than 1000 museums, historical societies, aquariums and botanical gardens throughout the U.S. and Canada."

https://neonmuseum.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=628619b1bc7bef91b3b073fdc&id=507acfb205&e=b4e9722ecf

10. comfortablynumb

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I clicked that link and entered my zip code and was surprised to see there are 5 NARM museums within a 50 mile radius of me. Guess I need to start using my benefits!

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crap, I wish I'd seen that.

Putting aside the NARM admissions and the free admission, Neon Museum is a really important institution to me. They're pretty much the only place focused on the history of the Las Vegas Strip, and their preservation work is incredibly important. But for them, a lot of things would have been destroyed or lost, so I value what they do a lot.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.