1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How will you be spending Easter this year??

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LV2GAMBLE, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, we know that our favorite city won't be open for business, so how will you be spending your Easter??

I will probably just have a solo lunch,:feedme: maybe grill a steak or chop along with some spuds (or salad) of some kind. Maybe take a leisurely walk for about an hour if the weather cooperates. Our church (like many others around here) will have their service on Facebook.

Two of my adult children are forbidden from either leaving their homes or the state and would be expected to be quarantines (without pay) for two weeks. So, as much as I love my kids, stay the heck home so as not to disrupt their life. Plus, the one, if she leaves home (adult foster for special needs), she cannot return until those 2 weeks are up. She does not adjust well to staying elsewhere. Usually, she can manage to spend 2 nights here on occasion before she wants to go 'home'. I feel bad for the other 2 adult children who will likely be spending their day solo as well. But, I am trying to 'comply' with all this 'stay at home shit'. :(

We can always celebrate Easter in another way at some point. (not the same, I know).

So, will you be spending your holiday with just your immediate household or how will you celebrate this year??

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Love Love x 2
  2. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my immediate household, staying away from relatives keeping everyone healthy. Feels odd, not like spring or Easter.

Seinfield
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo. But that's OK, because it's still Easter. And that's all that matters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three of my best friends and I will be teeing it up on the golf course at 11:00 am. We all picked up golf together many years ago and it's a bit of a tradition. We've only missed 4 out of the last 15 years. Unfortunately, we won't be able to have our cookout like normal but that's alright.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast, bike ride, evening cocktails on the patio with some tunes going, cook a fun dinner.

• Like Like x 3
  6. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Replace "fun" with "family / traditional" (e.g. ham) with the in-laws..

• Like Like x 1
  7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bueno! As much as we'd love to go to the Coachella Valley or up to Portland, we decided not to travel to see the family, either this Sunday or next week for Orthodox Easter.

8. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be cooking at my house cooking for myself and older brother that lives with me. Love my younger brother, but his place gets real crowded, so this works for us. Just have to figure what to make. Maybe some kind of roast, game hens or possibly baloney sandwiches. Decisions, decisions!

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At home. Dinner of Smoked kielbasa, boiled taters with loads of butter and parsley and chives, cabbage pirogi , deviled eggs, rye bread, Polish dill pickles and maybe some Polish pivo(beer).

• Like Like x 2
  10. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife manages a lab and will be working on Easter Sunday. I'll be bored at home, will probably take a walk. Other than that, watching our dog melt into the floor as she is that old. What fun.

11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking like a tough week or two down there, Paul, y'all be safe.

12. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just another day at home for us. Probably order something in, like baby-backs or tri-tip

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are we still doing holidays? I thought all the days were just blending into one Groundhog Day after another. :confused: I've started singing "I've Got You, Babe" every morning when I wake up.

I'd love to do a ham dinner for Dan and I, but not sure if I want to put in the effort to shop for everything, especially since the ham I like is the Kirkland spiral-cut one from Costco. No family, no festivities, no motivation right now to add anything else to my plate. :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just going to be me, my husband, and the dog this year at home. I'm kind of looking forward to it. Usually we need to trek to the in-laws for the day.

Looks like it will be a nice day here, so I plan to do a nice morning walk. May be we'll take the dog for a long walk in the woods. Later I plan to grill dinner along with broccoli salad, deviled eggs, and some potato dish that I haven't fully decided on yet. Also decided to make carrot cake. I just bought some blood oranges to make margaritas.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gonna bust out the smoker for the first time this year and cook a few slabs of ribs. Can’t have anyone over so more for us. Plus I don’t have to be around my asshole brother.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  16. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right before this all broke, DH and I were discussing what we would be doing for Easter. We usually spend the weekend at a hotel in either Newport RI or on Cape Cod and go to the Easter Brunch Buffet that they offer. We were discussing the pros and cons of each venue and decided to wait a bit before making reservationns anywhere.
    Goodness that seems like a long time ago.

I have a Perdue roaster in the freezer so along with mashed potatoes, butternut squash and some peas...dinner is served.

We had thought to drive to the next town to a market that was advertising prime rib but we still haven't pulled the trigger on that idea.. so the options are still open.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to a drive in church so we'll still have church --- after that, I think our day will be like any other day.... sitting at home, watching tv - surfing the web - reading, don't know what dinner will be - maybe we'll order take out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually do Easter at the camper and make a ham in the dutch oven over the fire. I'm sad that we won't be able to do that this year. I suppose I will make a ham at home.

19. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drinking alone and plotting against the man.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting Bob Evans Easter meal takeout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.