1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Drive from LA. Potty Break?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JaDubya, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I actually stayed there about 20 years ago—one of those trips where I left Vegas way too late trying to get even (cocktails may have been consumed) and by the time I got to Baker, I was done. I think it was once a pretty nice place with really large rooms and a swimming pool. It has truly seen better days. On another note, I am glad that Baker refurbished its thermometer. It used to be the first bet of the trip to guess what the big thermometer said the temp was—of course that was before cell phones and instant information.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really glad to hear that they resurrected the World's Largest Thermometer (tm). We used to do exactly the same thing, as in bet on the temperature. Whoever guessed closest got breakfast (or lunch, depending on the time) free at the Bun Boy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Baker's generally filthy. lol

I believe Kelso Station is temporarily closed (NPS, btw). I've been touting that route and a stop there for years but it is way off the grid unless doing as you said, coming up from the CV and on through Amboy.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.