1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus to strip at 1am from airport options

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Cardeater, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be arriving next week on a flight that lands around 1am..I know the CX last bus leaves T3 at 10:45 pm and that is what I usually take when I arrive on earlier flights.

When I've arrived on a flight this late, I've usually just taken a taxi or rideshare depending on the surge pricing.

I played with the bus last trip and discovered that the Deuce runs 24 hours and there's a stop.next to the Car Rental. I guess I'd have to take it the "wrong way" to the end of the line and the take the Deuce towards the strip.

How does that compare to the transfer option directly from the Terminal since the CX isn't running? It looks like my options out of the regular airport area are 109 to 202 and wait at Flamingo and Maryland (that doesn't sound like something Id want to do at that time of night) or 109 to Deuce, transfer at South Strip Transit Terminal. (I guess this is the the same transfer point for taking the Deuce from Car Rental South to end of the line one stop and then taking Deuce North).

Since I'm not excited about waiting at Maryland and Flamingo at 230-3am, I guess it's either 109 to Decide directly from Terminal or take Car Rental Shuttle to Deuce to Terminal to Deuce North.

Any comments on which would be faster?

Just a note, as someone might mention this, I'm fine with "wasting" extra time to do this. If someone were coming once to Vegas I'd probably just recommend taking car or rideshare and tell them to enjoy their vacation. I've been doing so many trips that I like these "hacks" and would rather use the $20 I'd save for towards a meal (probably going to Sakura for sushi next day). (Im buying a 24 he pass for $8 bc I'm leaving next evening so that will cover both trips to airport. This is basically a one night stopover to get extra miles for flight status after an Atlantic City trip,)

Sidenote, since the CX was so unreliable my last few trips returning to airport, I just took the Deuce to Car Rental last week to get to my flight. Used 24 pass and went to pinball museum in the afternoon before going to airport in the late evening

2. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another option is to take the 108 to Flamingo and catch the 202. The Flamingo is a pretty busy street and would seem ok to wait for the transfer. Not sure where you're going on the strip, so maybe the Deuce would get you there easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you explain the buses? Are these at the arrivals in the airport? Need to get to the Flamingo around 1:00 from the airport. (7 people, 7 suitcases)

4. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the CX from terminal 3 leaves from the departure (top floor) level of T3. It picks up at T1 from the bottom level , I believe where you are directed by signs to ground transportation. I usually use T3 so am not too familiar with T1. I've gotten dropped off at T1 on the CX to book a Spirit ticket and just entered security there for my T3 flight with carry ons.

I know other buses pick up in the same area in T1 as I see a bunch there when I've been on the CX from T3 (the outbound starts at T3 departures, then goes to T1 before leaving airport).

As I mentioned, CX does last trip just before 11pm so Ill have to figure it out myself as well.

I forgot to mention that I'm staying at Bally's for this 1am arrival trip.

5. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're staying at Bally's the 202 down Flamingo would work well. I have taken it in the past, and as I mentioned, the bus stop is in a fairly busy area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.