1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hangover Cures

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Not at the table Carlos, Apr 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There’s lots of hangover cure methods people swear by. There’s always the typical Gatorade, pedialyte powders, etc. but doe anybody have an obscure method that is a never-fail for them? As I get older, my hangovers get worse and last longer.
    I’ve seen ads for pills and such you can order.

Anybody have a secret they want to share? Earl sure could use an idea or two for the next week-long bender in a couple months.

Earl's 21st Trip
  2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I have gotten older I don't seem to suffer with hangovers, when I'm ib Vegas though I do keep myself dosed up with pedialyte for hydration.

3. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I typically buy the "party patch" - I've only seen it at Cosmo so far, the gift shops have them. I've never had a hangover when I use this: https://partypatch.com/about/

And yes, try to stay hydrated with water too!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I used to drink heavily. I mean pound them back.....drink a shot of whatever I was drinking the night before. Worked every single time. Felt great.

5. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only cure for me was to stop drinking altogether.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two solutions.... cut back on the booze ...Or after every alcoholic drink you have have a glass of water or club soda.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    upload_2021-4-25_21-28-55.jpeg The original vitamin drink since 1962, can be found in oriental markets. Packed with Vitamin B’s

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, I seldom if ever get hangovers anymore. It may be that I'm more careful to drink H2O along with EtOH so I will not get dehydrated.

9. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start drinking again

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Fly By capsules. Take 4 before I start drinking and 4 afterwards. They won't eliminate a hangover from heavy drinking, but diminish the effects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Water... Any drink order from me is followed by “.... and a water.” I had no idea what a disservice I was doing my body when I would fail on this.

Anything more than that, I just ride it out and adjust. Or just start drinking again. :blink:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rachiebordz

rachiebordz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Water and Advil pm at night. Water and excedrin extra strength in the AM. More water. Excedrin ES has acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine so if you have existing liver issues I would stay away from my method lol.

13. Uncle Bourbon

Uncle Bourbon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In terms of prevention, trying to have as much water as possible definitely helps, I’ve also noticed that on evenings where I walk around a lot (e.g. drink a ton at Harrah’s then walk to the room at the Aria) I notice usually the next day my hangover isn’t as bad, compared to drinking during covid at home anyway.

In terms of cure, as long as I really didn’t overdo it, McDonald’s breakfast, ginger ale and a morning walk helps!

30th Birthday Trip
  14. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A hot bath with very cold pedialyte. Then switch to a cold shower with hot tea or hot drip drop if you got it.

All in a pitch black bathroom with no lights or windows .

15. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think for the most part the older we get we just naturally drink less.... that's the case for me. My fun factor doesn't require trying to out-drink everyone on the strip anymore (my routine for the first 10 years of trips) - but those days were great I admit! Sleeping until 2PM has been replaced with bouncing out of bed at 4AM...

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  16. Bubblehead

Bubblehead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hydration is key, but to make it easier for yourself you have to stay away from sugary alcoholic beverages. Sugar can cause dehydration in the same manner as alcohol (which is a sugar itself).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for FlyBy. Also Hangover Heaven. I was always extremely skeptical about these pills, and many I've found to be BS - but both of these work a lot. Now admittedly, they're just a glorified B vitamin with some herbs - so nothing you can't do on your own. The key for me is taking a coupe BEFORE you drink and then trying to remember to pop a couple every few hours while drinking and then a couple before bed (often too drunk to remember this) but even if you only do a few to start off it helps. One thing i'll note is it does also seem to prevent excessive drunkenness. I've always had a high tolerance, but with these I don't ever seem to get wobbly fall down drunk - which is good since these days I'm almost always hitting Vegas solo.

18. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of green tea and fruit and one of those cold eye masks (or a washcloth soaked in cold water if you don't have a mask).

Also, here's a recipe for homemade Gatorade:

1.5 cups water
    2 tsp honey
    2 tbsp lemon and/or lime juice
    small pinch of salt

Shake it up well and you're good to go. It helps if you heat up the honey first so it's more liquid. Ten seconds in the microwave should do it.

Vegas Vacation XII
  19. cg123

cg123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk. If I feel like shit after a night I always go for a walk. In cold months I even fire up the treadmill and walk. Usually after 30 minutes I feel MUCH better.

• Like Like x 3
  20. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TIME.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.