1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Not really feeling it

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Publius, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have gone by yourself and had fun, now that you made up your mind, go and have fun. Life is to short, so just go and have fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jimmy M.

Jimmy M. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you!

When was the last time you said to yourself: "Boy! I'm glad I didn't go to Vegas!"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm undecided myself as i have a flight booked next sunday but the return is a saturday the following wk. no im not staying for 2 wks lol, i just have to decide if i'll got at the beginning of the wk or at the end of the following and will switch flights since its SW. im a bit of an undecided procrastinator but just very undecided. this will be my first solo trip which i have no problem doing since i enjoy traveling alone. i just never did LV alone but im sure i'll be fine w.sitting by the pool a little, lots of window shopping and some table playing, all on my own time.

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will not only be fine, you'll have a great time. Just let VMB know when you have your dates set. You'll have a company if you want it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bad day in Vegas is better than a good day at the office.

6. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll go with you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know i'll be more than fine as i've traveled solo (not to LV) but FL for 10+ yrs and enjoy traveling that way most of the time. I do what and when i want and if i want to window browse all the shops in the evenings until my hearts content, i will be able to do that. I'll go to a table when i want and not on someone else's want. Plus, im going to try a few food options that are on my taste buds and waist line lol. I know im probably sounding a bit selfish here, but remember i will be solo.

8. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe mix up what you do while in town. If you gamble a lot normally, maybe try a new table game, or new machines. Take more walks. Go to an off-strip tiki bar. Do something to change the routine. I went 4x last year, two solo, and while a lot of fun the solo trips did blend together. I should have mixed it up more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read and found tonight that Tim Allen is doing a show there during my time. Im seriously thinking of going to see him. I dont care that im solo. I've always said that i'll pass up too many things if i think that way.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just back from a completely solo trip (Dec 8th-23rd) and had the best time, ever.

Vegas is absolutely the best city to do solo:)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never considered it doing solo but i will be in a few wks. Tell me how it went for you.

12. LBTRS

LBTRS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you're going. I canceled a solo trip last year because I wasn't feeling it but kicked myself afterwards when I was thinking "I could be sitting in Vegas right not". Enjoy.

13. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to give an update, as the trip is getting closer I am feeling really excited to go. I think what got me down a few weeks ago about it was work and stress from it. Work has calmed down quite a bit and I feel much better. This morning I decided to check on a few things and saw that I was comped for Caesars so I decided to change my hotel from Planet Hollywood to Caesars and I feel like I will enjoy it more.

Now I’m up to my usual pre-trip planning and getting some Vegas movies in before I go. Thanks to everyone here that encouraged me to continue with the trip as I am thankful I listened to your advice.

FlightSimExpo 2024
    • Like Like x 11
  14. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you enjoy every minute!

15. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually coming in this upcoming wk and am looking forward to my solo trip. Haven't been there since last spring, staying at my fav hotel and doing what i want.

16. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you! I hope this is your best trip yet.

17. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it will be a pretty good trip. Been reading lots of where to eat since i wont have to wait on anyone playing at a table and will try places i wanted to eat at before but never did. I want to also go to the Museum of Art, think its somewhere downtown.

18. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See if the are any meet ups. My next trip will be solo and I am going to try and schedule with a Vegas meet up.
    I just posted on another solo topic.....My GF passed away 14 months ago - Vegas was our "goto" place and we did mini solo trips while in vegas.
    It took me a good year to figure life out - but you only have one life on this great planet and we are all lucky enough to be able to visit the greatest city on this planet - can anyone name someplace as exciting, fun, relaxing, as Vegas ???

I am so glad you are going -

NOW a challenge for the other posters - lets help this person have a great, fun and special time. he \ she is staying at CP ?, so where are the places to eat there, best pools to visit, best solo dining places, best gambling places, best rooms, which tower to stay in etc.

19. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve got some stuff planned, I’m really pumped up for this trip and I’ve stayed at Caesars before

FlightSimExpo 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to me in July of 2018, not for anyone bailing, but as the time drew closer, I just didn’t want to go. It was so strange, as Im a huge fan of Vegas (obviously)! I got the flight with points, and even canceled a comped room! I had just been there in May, and was going in September. To this day, can’t put my finger on why I canceled it, but I just wasn’t up for it at that particular time.

July 19th - July 24th
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.